Saturday 7 May 2011

The weekend

Anyone who lives and travels in Europe ( especially from the UK) may well find this amusing LINK



Also below


The $50 Lesson


I recently asked my neighbors' little girl what she wanted to
be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President
some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were
standing there, so I asked her, 'If you were President what
would be the first thing you would do? '

She replied, 'I'd give food and houses to all the homeless
people.'

Her parents beamed with pride.

'Wow...what a worthy goal.' I told her, 'But you don't have
to wait until you're President to do that! You can come over
to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard,
and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery
store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him
the $50 to use toward food and a new house.'

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me
straight in the eye and asked, 'Why doesn't the homeless
guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the
$50?'

I said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party.'

Her parents still aren't speaking to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment